February 1, 1980: Atlanta Daily World on Carter G. Woodson and articles from 1926-27 on first "Negro History Week"
February 2, 1936: Atlanta Daily World and black press editorial cartoons on Ethiopian anti-colonial battle against Italy.
February 3, 1948: Atlanta Daily World on efforts to block black voting rights on anniversary of passage of 15th Amendment.
February 4, 1956: Pittsburgh Courier on Montgomery Bus Boycott, in honor of Rosa Parks' birthday.
February 5, 1977: New York Amsterdam News, "Roots Captivates Millions of T-Viewers"
February 6, 1982: Cleveland Call & Post advertisement for Wilber Black, the (Jheri) "Kurl King" and Black's Pride Hair Care Center.
February 7, 1944: Los Angeles Tribune ad for "Sweet 'n Hot" revue, featuring Dorothy Dandridge
February 7, 1948: Cleveland Call and Post editorial cartoon on segregation of University of Oklahoma Law School and Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher.
February 8, 1964: New York Amsterdam News covers NYC school boycott, the largest civil rights protest in U.S. history.
February 9, 1935: Selection of articles from Norfolk Journal and Guide on anti-lynching work, Negro History Week, Imitation of Life, and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
February 10, 1959: Philadelphia Tribune reports on voter registration efforts in the city.
February 11, 1928: Valentine's Day wishes from the Chicago Defender Junior.
February 12, 1949: "Grow Old With Me" short story in Baltimore Afro-American
February 13, 1960: Greensboro sit-in protests in Norfolk Journal and Guide and Cleveland Call and Post
February 14, 1946: Los Angeles Sentinel on fire in Fontana that killed O'Day, Helen, Barry, and Carol Ann Short
February 15, 1975: Pittsburgh Courier editor-in-chief Hazel Garland on professional opportunities for retired black athletes and lack of black television news anchors
February 16, 1965: Chicago Defender on the death of Nat King Cole
February 17, 1979: Ad for The Warriors in New York Amsterdam News, and article by Amsterdam News intern Nelson George
February 18, 1944: Atlanta Daily World on Harry Alpin, the first African-American reporter to cover a White House press conference.
February 19, 1910: Clubwoman Ida Cummings in the Baltimore Afro-American
February 20, 1969: "Bowling Around L.A" by Los Angeles Sentinel columnist Juanita Blocker
February 21, 1970: Black journalists' statement of support for the New York Times' Earl Caldwell and his right to protect confidential sources in the Black Panther Party
February 22, 1965: The black press on the murder of Malcolm X
February 23, 1957: Philadelphia Tribune on Thomas Edison (formerly Northeast High School) and how school board moved Northeast high school to create segregated school
February 24, 1934: Carter G. Woodson in Pittsburgh Courier on "Forgotten Negroes"
February 25, 1939: Blanche Thompson, Irvin C. Miller, and "Brown Skin Models" revue in Norfolk Journal and Guide
February 26, 1949: Baltimore Afro-American on Satchel Paige and other black major league baseball players heading to spring training
February 27, 1937: New York Amsterdam News on Dr. Anna Cooper Johnson's new dental office in Harlem
February 28, 1978: Philadelphia Tribune on MOVE conflict with Philadelphia authorities, eight years before bombing
February 29, 1956: Chicago Defender on Leap Year tradition of single women courting bachelors
This page has paths:
Contents of this path:
This page references:
- Cleveland Call and Post - February 7, 1948
- Pittsburgh Courier - February 15, 1975 - Garland
- Philadelphia Tribune - February 23, 1957
- Atlanta Daily World - February 1, 1980 - Woodson
- NY Amsterdam News - February 8, 1964
- Chicago Defender - February 16, 1965 - Nat King Cole
- Pittsburgh Courier - February 24, 1934 - Woodson
- Atlanta Daily World - February 2, 1936 - Ethiopia
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - February 9, 1935 - Negro History Week
- NY Amsterdam News - February 17, 1979 - The Warriors
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - February 25, 1939
- Atlanta Daily World - February 3, 1948 - Boswell Amendment
- Philadelphia Tribune - February 10, 1959 - voting
- Atlanta Daily World - February 18, 1944 - McAlpin
- Baltimore Afro-American, February 26, 1949 - Satchel Paige
- Pittsburgh Courier - February 4, 1956 - boycott
- Chicago Defender - February 11, 1928 - Defender Junior cartoon
- Baltimore Afro-American, February 19, 1910 - Ida Cummings
- NY Amsterdam News - February 27, 1937 - Dr. Anna Cooper Johnson
- NY Amsterdam News - February 5, 1977 - cover
- Baltimore Afro-American, February 12, 1949 - story
- Los Angeles Sentinel - February 20, 1969 - Juanita Blocker
- Chicago Defender - February 29, 1956 - Leap Year
- Cleveland Call and Post - June 26, 1982
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - February 13, 1960 - Greensboro
- NY Amsterdam News - February 21, 1970 - Statement
- Philadelphia Tribune - February 28, 1978 - MOVE
- Los Angeles Tribune - February 7, 1944 - Sweet 'n Hot
- Los Angeles Sentinel - February 14, 1946 - Fontana
- Chicago Defender - February 22, 1965