January 31, 1942: Black press coverage of Red Cross/military ban on black blood donors
January 30, 1928: "Woman Kills Man" stories in Chicago Defender
January 29, 1972: "Madame President?: Our Shirley [Chisholm] First Black Woman to Run," NY Amsterdam News
January 28, 1922: St. Paul Appeal article on controversy over burial of former Louisiana governor P.B.S. Pinchback.
January 27, 1955: California Eagle editorial cartoon regarding segregated shore leave for black U.S. Navy sailors in South Africa
January 26, 1935: Fan Tan skin bleach advertisement in Norfolk Journal and Guide
January 25, 1913: Hair care advertisements in Philadelphia Tribune, featuring Madame T.D. Perkins "Scientific Scalp Specialist"
January 24, 1963: Gospel legend James Cleveland in the Los Angeles Sentinel.
January 23, 1947: Los Angeles Sentinel promotes Harlem Globetrotters exhibition game.
January 22, 1966: Cleveland Call and Post columnist Daisy Craggett raises concerns over urban renewal plans in the Hough community.
January 21, 1911: Chicago Defender subscription advertisement featuring The Life and Works of Paul Laurence Dunbar.
January 20, 1943: Atlanta Daily World "Society Swirl" article on farewell party for a "popular matron" who was going to work at a defense plant in Mobile, Alabama.
January 19, 1957: Baltimore Afro-American articles on founding of Southern Negro Leaders Conference on Transportation and Non-Violent Integration and Sidney Poitier's Edge of the City.
January 18, 1969: Articles related to first posthumous commemorations of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.
January 17, 1953: Debutante ball hosted by Royal Coterie of Snakes, photos in Chicago Defender.
January 16, 1936: "Sin syndicate" led by Queenie Parker described in Philadelphia Tribune.
January 15, 1927: Vaudeville producer Leonard Harper in Pittsburgh Courier.
January 14, 1956: "Our People: Pages from History" illustration by cartoonist Melvin Tapley in New York Amsterdam News.
January 13, 1938: Thomas Jefferson Flanagan's poetry column, "Up From Georgia With My Banjo," in the Atlanta Daily World.
January 12, 1952: Cleveland Call and Post on murder of civil rights activists Harry T. Moore and his wife Harriette Vyda Simms Moore.
January 11, 1975: Politician and professor Zoe Barbee mourned in Norfolk Journal and Guide after tragic car accident.
January 10, 1935: Los Angeles Sentinel profile of businesswoman Lela Rideout, owner of Spotless Cleaners.
January 9, 1971: Free exams to detect breast and uterine cancer given by Bronx Women's Liberation Health Committee, reported in New York Amsterdam News.
January 8, 1916: Teenage amateur radio enthusiast featured in Chicago Defender.
January 7, 1972: Advertisement for Soul Solider, a black Western about Buffalo Soldiers, in Atlanta Daily World.
January 6, 1940: Norfolk Journal and Guide mourns the passing of Howard University's Kelly Miller, mathematician, sociologist, and author.
January 5, 1957: "Jocko" Henderson's rock 'n' roll radio show advertised in New York Amsterdam News.
January 4, 1936: Baltimore Afro-American announces wedding of Temple University junior.
January 3, 1935: Atlanta Daily World columnist I.P. Reynolds on his code of ethics for 1935.
January 2, 1947: Royal Crown Cola advertisement featuring actress and singer Etta Moten in Los Angeles Sentinel
January 1, 1938: New Opportunities on New Year's Day in Pittsburgh Courier.
This page has paths:
Contents of this path:
This page references:
- Los Angeles Sentinel - January 24, 1963
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - January 26, 1935
- Chicago Defender - January 21, 1911
- NY Amsterdam News - January 29, 1972 - Madame President?
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - January 6, 1940
- NY Amsterdam News - January 14, 1956
- Cleveland Call and Post - January 22, 1966
- Chicago Defender - January 30, 1926
- Atlanta Daily World - January 7, 1972
- Pittsburgh Courier - January 15, 1927
- Los Angeles Sentinel - January 23, 1947
- Cleveland Call and Post - Red Cross Bans Negro Blood
- Chicago Defender - January 8, 1916
- Philadelphia Tribune - January 16, 1936
- Pittsburgh Courier - January 1, 1938
- NY Amsterdam News - January 9, 1971
- Chicago Defender - January 17, 1953
- NY Amsterdam News - January 18, 1969
- Madame T.D. Perkins Advertisement
- Los Angeles Sentinel - January 2, 1947
- Los Angeles Sentinel - January 10, 1935
- Baltimore Afro-American, January 19, 1957
- Atlanta Daily World - January 3, 1935
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - January 11, 1975
- Baltimore Afro-American, January 19, 1957
- California Eagle - January 27, 1955
- Baltimore Afro-American - January 4, 1936
- Cleveland Call and Post - January 12, 1952
- Atlanta Daily World - January 20, 1943
- St. Paul Appeal - January 28, 1922
- NY Amsterdam News - January 5, 1957
- Atlanta Daily World - January 13, 1938