January 29, 1972: "Madame President?: Our Shirley [Chisholm] First Black Woman to Run," NY Amsterdam News
April 15, 1939: Marian Anderson's landmark performance at Lincoln Memorial, reported in Chicago Defender
March 31, 1934: Philadelphia Tribune women's basketball team in the Norfolk Journal and Guide.
February 25, 1939: Blanche Thompson, Irvin C. Miller, and "Brown Skin Models" revue in Norfolk Journal and Guide
February 22, 1965: The black press on the murder of Malcolm X
April 12, 1947: Jackie Robinson's Major League Baseball debut, covered in the black press
February 6, 1982: Cleveland Call & Post advertisement for Wilber Black, the (Jheri) "Kurl King" and Black's Pride Hair Care Center.
March 27, 1971: South Carolina civil rights activist Victoria DeLee runs for Congress
March 13, 1954: Cleveland Call and Post on the Connie Morgan, Toni Stone, and Mamie "Peanut" Johnson, the three women who played Negro League baseball
March 26, 1955: Claudette Colvin's arrest reported in the Chicago Defender
April 4, 1968: The front pages of black newspapers after assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
March 9, 1957: Pittsburgh Courier celebrates Ghana's independence with 32-page supplement
April 5, 1933: Hamilton Lodge Ball and drag performances in New York Amsterdam News
Contents of this path:
This page references:
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - April 19, 1947
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - February 25, 1939
- Pittsburgh Courier - March 9, 1957 - Ghana
- Chicago Defender - April 15, 1939
- Cleveland Call and Post - March 13, 1954 - Connie Morgan
- Chicago Defender - March 26, 1955 - Colvin
- NY Amsterdam News - March 27, 1971 - DeLee
- NY Amsterdam News - January 29, 1972 - Madame President?
- Norfolk Journal and Guide - March 31, 1934
- Cleveland Call and Post - June 26, 1982
- Los Angeles Sentinel - April 11, 1968
- Chicago Defender - February 22, 1965
- NY Amsterdam News - April 5, 1933